Twins-O-Rama

This is my online journal for blathering about life as a mother of boy/girl twins.

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

grrr

I decided about a month ago to get active and put myself in some mommy groups. Now, I am a member of a couple (or more?) online groups and one local pay-per-year which we've only participated in once so far. Of course, NOW that I have set myself up for the stay-at-home mothers in activities of the year award, I am looking at possibly returning to work.

Having read some scathing commentary on motherhood in our anxiety producing era, I am also feeling very angry. Angry at the system. Angry at men. Angry at myself. Despite my education and years of independence, I believed that my choices in marriage and motherhood would be sooo different than every other poor, angry, disillusioned mom I heard and read about. I'm unique, after all. Talk about humble pie. I have my entire head buried in one right now, and it doesn't taste good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home