Twins-O-Rama

This is my online journal for blathering about life as a mother of boy/girl twins.

Sunday, January 27, 2008

Statistically On-Track

When I got married, I knew that statistically speaking, we had a whopping 50% chance of staying married. I figured we were erring on the positive side of that 50% but apparently I was blissfully ignorant. Just over 2 years and 2 kids later, we are already in what my mother describes a "broken marriage". Moreover, we fit neatly into the other stats on what tears relationships apart-finances, and something else I can't remember due to FINANCES.

I tried to create a budget. I don't shop like crazy. I didn't know we were gonna have twins! The cost of childcare is astronomical and does not merit my finding a job so I can contribute an extra hundred bucks while someone else raises my kids. They're not even old enough for pre-school for chrissake!!

I think we could cut lots of spending if we created a budget, as I originally planned. My fantasy of being immersed in the mother role while he 'handled' the monetary issues has exploded in my face. Now covered in the shards of debt reality, I will find a solution that will help me continue to stay at home with my babies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home