Twins-O-Rama

This is my online journal for blathering about life as a mother of boy/girl twins.

Monday, August 11, 2008

Are You Being Served?

It turns out that the words 'divorce' and 'fuck you' both have the same number of letters! Coincidence? Maybe. Since my last post I have secured an attorney and am getting ready to serve him the papers. His behavior, or lack thereof, has been-what, appalling? Disingenuous? Baffling? Horrifying? Stupefying? Incidentally, our 3rd year marriage anniversary is this Tuesday. Good bye to the man who says he wants to work it out then unilaterally decides to cancel our therapy, blames me for our problems and his bad behavior, finds me less attractive (sex 5-6 times in 2 years) because my body has changed from "pretty flawless" (I am skinnier now than pre-preg and have a tiny c-section scar), doesn't speak to me unless necessary while in our home visiting the kids, emails me when I am in the next room instead of speaking to me directly, insists that he can't/won't support my post-doc work hours because we can't afford it (!), has completely ignored my texts and emails for a total of 5 days to date and also has not checked to see how his children are, controls the money like I am his employee, and basically is a real narcissistic jerk. Will I miss him? Not at all, being with him was like living alone with an annoying roommate. I miss the idea/ideal I had of the happy family. I never wanted to be a single mother. I never wanted to marry an asshole either, so I guess that means I will be a single mother instead!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home